4915 SW Griffith Dr, Beaverton, OR 97005, USA
1.5

Somehow TransUnion has a back door which if you pay them the $1 for a credit report they (without your direct consent) start charging you almost $20 per month for monitoring services. This is a bait and switch tactic and is dishonest and boarders on outright fraud.

I am confident they discussed how far they could go to trick people with their lawyers. They were not nice about reversing the charge. I am going to talk with my state attorney general's office. Deal with TransUnion as you would with a camel salesman.

I had not idea they were going to sign me up.

At best their website was not as clear as it should have been. I am sure that this "sales technique" is making a fortune for them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Transunion Credit Monitoring.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

TransUnion Cons: Automatic enrollment.

• BILLING SCAMS

Comments

So what you’re saying is you didn’t read the T&C and instead just clicked that “I agree” button without a second thought. Good to know that you’re so important and so busy that you refuse to protect yourself by reading!! You did this to yourself by not reading and somehow magically it’s someone else’s fault.

FYY: DO NOT supply your credit card number for something that is free. They cannot charge your credit card unless you give them that information. Them asking you for your credit card number should have been a red flag.

TransUnion Reviews